Nod Ghosh lives in Christchurch, New Zealand, and completed a creative writing course at the Hagley Writers' Institute. Nod's flash fiction, short stories and poems have appeared in the New Zealand publications, JAAM, Landfall, Takahe, Headland, The Christchurch Press and Flash Frontier.
Nod's work also appears in TheGayUK, The Citron Review, Brilliant Flash Fiction, Firefly magazine, MiNDFOOD, Penduline Press and other international publications (see 'writing').
Nod's flash fiction appears in the 2017 UK anthology 'Sleep is a Beautiful Colour'.
A creative non-fiction piece is featured in the anthology Love on the Road 2015 (Liberties Press, Dublin.) Purchase through the link below:
The novel The Iris Tattoo was completed with support from Norman Bilbrough through the New Zealand Society of Authors mentorship scheme.
Years ago, an aunt urged Nod to take up writing. On thanking the aunt for her perceptive insight, Nod was told, "Oh, it wasn't to do with your writing. You were born on the same date as William Shakespeare. so I felt you ought to be a writer too."
AWARDS AND COMMENDATIONS:
- First prizes in the fiction and non-fiction categories of the Queer Writing Flash Fiction Competition, 2013. (New Zealand Society of Authors).
- Shortlisted for the 2014 Page and Blackmore short story competition (NZSA Top of the South, published in "Horizons 2" anthology, mid 2015), see link below.
- Winner, short story competition, Muscular Dystrophy Association of New Zealand.
- Flash Frontier Winter Writing Award, 2014.
- Shortlisted for Asia New Zealand Foundation short fiction competition.
- Nominated for Pushcart Prize by Flash Frontier, 2014.
- Runner up: Alternative Bindings/ Wallace Arts Trust short story competition 2016.
- Runner up New Zealand National Flash Fiction Day June 2016
- Runner up North and South short short story competition November 2016
- First Prize: Brilliant Flash Fiction Overseas Travel Writing Contest, March 2017.
- Second place: Bath Flash Fiction Award, June 2017.
- Joint first place: Wallace Foundation Creative Non Fiction Contest February 2018.
- Runner up North and South short short story competition February 2018.
- RTE Arena podcast Feb15
- Love on the Road Press Release
- The Green Room at NewsTalk reading: LOTR Mon 23rd Feb
- Love on the Road - launch
- Landmarks Flash Fiction anthology UK
- Publications in JAAM and Landfall
- Micro Madness - for National Flash Fiction Day
- Standing Room Only - Radio NZ interview on Flash
- Headland 3 - out 31.7.15: order here.
- Horizons 2 anthology launched Aug 15.
- Headland 4 - out 30.10.15: order here.
- Leaving the Red Zone: further details here.
- Here is an interview with Jonathan Cardew at Connotation Press, about Leeds, flatus-filtering knickers and sea creatures that look like 'anatomically accurate representations of female genitalia'.
- You can read 'Stealing Eddie's Spirits' in 'The Ham' issue 2.
- Interview with Bath Flash Fiction Award, December 2017.